Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welcome! How about the fabrics that your clothes and accessories are made from, does that matter?  Tell me you don't like comfy cotton, and there is nothing like warm wool or a wool blend to cozy you up, and tell me you don't love silk-it may take a little care-but it is simply fantastic.  Today we are having a blizzard in Minnesota, I will be reaching for a sweater to layer for sure! I am going to enlighten you to fabric and how it fits into color magick when you face the mirror and endeavor to face your day.

I forgot two colors last night, grey and silver. If you have not read my last post, do yourself a favor and scroll down when reading this and embrace it; colors not only impact us, they impact those we encounter throughout our day and can be used to our advantage to manifest what we wish.
Grey- Illusion, neutrality, glamour, promotes invisibility (remember that when combining items to wear), neutral color, wear with other colors it adds to the magick!
Silver-Self-respect, spirituality (imagine it with lavender) reduces fears (I could use that some days) pumps up feeling of safety, spirituality, security, if you believe in such things it is the Goddess color, motivational, receptiveness, and can be worn in jewelry too (I create a lot of jewelry-I will post some, and I primarily use silver and combine different colored precious stones-how effective)!

Back to the subject of fabrics or textile in you garments and accessories.  Natural fibers are best, you already intuitively know this.  You like the way they feel, breath, move.  They are the best conductors of energy-your energy and the energy of those around you.  One of my favorites and the one I tend to demand in my own clothing (especially being from Arizona) is cotton.  Cotton increases clarity and is associated with the element of Air, no surprise. Even individuals who are sensitive to other fabrics can usually wear cotton.  There is an ever increasing manufacturing (you can even find them at thrift stores) of cotton products.  Advertisers have captured this in their campaigns: "Cotton, the fabric of our lives."

 Silk is the most valuable and the most magickal of all of the fabrics.  I acts as a protective shield, no wonder so many undergarments are constructed of silk.  It protects you from outside influences or psychic energy or attacks (we mentioned that yesterday, those people or situations that drain the energy right out of you, give you a flush of anxiety, the ones you find yourself crossing your arms or legs over your body when around them for any prolonged time, the ones you feel your physical distance's presence and actually may take a step back).  If you do Tarot cards or have some, silk is great to wrap around your cards to shield them from others emotions and vibes (I haven't lost you yet have I-read on).  In fact silk underwear, a blouse or dress would be a great idea if you would like some self-assuring protection.  And silk can be worn year around, especially under everything.  If you live in a cold region, buy some silk long-underwear, or cooler buy a cami or slip, underwear or brassier.  Silk is linked to emotions, intuition (who doesn't want that), Water, and shields negative energy.  Choose color of silk carefully for VERY effective mirrored psychic armor!

Colorful clothing combinations can add to your intentions for your day and your life.  I like to have an array of colors to choose from.  After practicing color magick, and choosing my intentions with what I wear, I have embraced hues of colors I never wore or seldom wore prior.  Yellow for example, not my favorite, but combined in patterns within the fabric, or as an accent piece in a less threatening hue to my liking, it has been effective in my life.  I know you have some gold jewelry somewhere.

For work you want to choose a fabric that projects an aura of power, boosts your confidence, or you may choose to blend in unnoticed.  By combining colors in your outfits, you can accomplish this, then by selecting items to add in a particular fabric, you are on your way to being proactive rather than ignorant to the effects of what you wear and how they affect you and the world around you.  This is why I made my wall hanging (below post) to hang near where I get ready in the morning-my closet, which I am fortunate enough to posses a small room that was probably a Victorian nursery at one time, to assemble myself for the day.  It surrounds me in lavender walls, with positive and empowering sayings or quotes written selectively on the walls, images of things that are important to me, accessories displayed artistically so that when I enter the organized space (work clothes in one closet, every day by similar items and colors, layering pieces, dresses arranged just so) I get warm fuzzies like being around a close friend.  Then I go to my wall hanging to look at the colors and how I want to use them, or I just feel like a certain color for the day. I have hooks to hang different combinations, and then I put them on thinking about my day and the intention I have for it, say a few positive words I have written down, smile confidently in the mirror (full length of course) and I am out the door to enjoy the present I have been given to unwrap today.

Here are some of the things I say to myself which I have written down to consider which I borrowed from Ellen Dugan:
"*Today I will work with the powerful energy of color red or other to manifest success.
*Today I utilize the gentle energy of color blue or other and will be more open-minded, sympathetic, and compassionate.
*Today I harness the power of color yellow or other, may it bring illumination and boost my communication skills.
*Today I work magick of the color black or other, I build my shields with strength and reject my coworkers' power to make me uncomfortable."
You get the idea and can write affirmations ahead of time or just say a positive affirmation correlating to the color of choice(s) for the day.
Then Ellen suggest visualizing light and energy (don't freak out if this seems a bit out there because visualization is used by the most successful companies and individuals of the world) flowing around you, wrapping you up with strength (change the words to me on your hanging or poster).  You may even notice a "tightening of the solar plexis or a warm feeling."  Now thoroughly "woven" in magick around you, you can make a positive affirmation for the day, take a deep breath, letting it out slowly and center yourself.  If you do meditation you know what I mean.  Then flash a smile in the mirror at the most important person you know-yourself! Now you can confidently head out to your day knowing your personal power and the choices you have consciously made for yourself and work and practice your own personal magick.

One more note.  Most individuals practice some form of prayer, meditation, intention, wish, dream in their lives.  I am not talking about religion.  For instance, nature is very important to me and my spirituality, it is my church if you will.  I pay attention to what is around me and embrace my encounters throughout the day, flowing like water around any obstacle that may come my way.  But there are moments my feathers are ruffled, I feel uneasy, I have a feeling I do not like like frustration, anger, sadness, anxiety, fear, depression, anticipation, stress, etc.  When I feel these things I stop and ground myself.  Sometimes I will even excuse myself from others and public bathrooms are an asset to society.  I can close my eyes in the stall and surround myself with goodness-tap into what I believe (for you it may be different than others) is in charge or the energy of whatever you believe in to center myself, to ground myself, to take a deep breath and say something positive to myself so I don't give away my power!  I do not need to allow situations or others to throw me about in my own life, I do that enough.  So centering and grounding when away from my home where I meditate and practice my faith is invaluable!!

Think then before you re-enter your life, about what you are wearing, about what you said prior to going about your day, visualize the power and energy in the choices you made when getting dressed.  It is still with you right now, use it.  You will be amazed when you tap into this magick how it can enhance your spirituality and self-worth, your confidence, how you see yourself.  And no clothing or accessory can project your positive self-perception more that how you really feel about yourself.  You think others can not see this, but they can and they use it to their advantage.  So I ask you, why are you giving your power away.  Why not keep it and use it to your advantage, for good.  Why not use what the Universe has given you to make yourself, those around you, and the world a better place rather than knocking everything and everyone down around you without conscious effort.  Well, you have now been informed, enlightened to the impact the items you wear and carry have on life.  There is no turning back so arm yourself and enjoy a more positive life, because if you project positive-watch-you are going to get a lot more of it back. If you want to read more about this subject any of the books by Ellen Dugan are great.  I thank her for enlightening me and give her kudos as a mentor and teacher. And don't forget to scroll down if you have not read the power of the colors you wear and harnessing that energy.
  Later, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment