Thursday, January 30, 2014

Upcycle Ideas

Here are some more upcycle ideas!  Still working on the .com of business which will be a full store of my creations and I have hundreds of items to share with you.  I hope you are trying to look at your clothes differently and create something that you will wear, or you could buy one of mine!

Upcycle Ideas:

 This upcycle uses women's and men's shirts and notice the little tassel in the front left (in picture).  The black trim id black bias tape.  The colors are light blues and gray-so you are laying back and can accessorize with colors for intentions.  Used black thread and trim for grounding,
 I love the way it hangs and the flowers on the right,  Very different from store bought and only one because there will never be another dress with quite the composition.
 I put a tie on the back so it can be adjusted for width.  Just love the way the different layers (which I sewed together to get that effect) come together.

Tassels on front with applique.  Gives it a tattered look that I love and only gets better with wear.  Tear the material if you can to get a rougher look rather than cutting.  The edges will fray better.

 Here I am ready for the rodeo.  I love to pick up interesting tshirts that are a little short to wear and add something to them to make them more modern.  Went for men's shirt that had a western looking color theme and left the bottom tattered.
 Love that play of the front with buttons from the shirt going down the side!
 The shirt already had the metal details at the top.  Don't you love her, little western pin-up.
 I took in the back with darts on each side and double seamed them down before attaching the bottom.  Also wanted to call attention to the back, so I pieced in a triangle going down from the back center.  This way you can tailor the t to fit any shape or use a shirt that is not as fitted as you would like.
 The men's shirt was Abercrombie and I made sure I used that piece of the shirt in a place I was already calling attention to.  I thought it was fun.
 Here is another upcycle if re-figuring a shirt and adding other tshirts to get a layered boho look gone fairy.
 I used the little tassel/applique in the front.  I selected colors that were already faintly represented in the shirt and played them up.  Now we have pink, burgundy, and green.
 Side view of dress shows how flattering the drop waist can be.
Close up of the tassel front and the lines I pieced together.  I like to add material to material so I will sew on one layer and then add another.  I try to use conflicting or different tones for this to make it obvious.

Hope I gave you some more outlandish ideas to upcycle your clothes.  These items will be in my store.  I will let you know and we will have a grand opening, eat cake, and drink tea to celebrate crafters everywhere doing what they love to do best and make money so they can do it some more.  

I will always share my ideas with you as I design and give away my secrets.  I do not do this for any other reason than I have been given this all freely and want to share it with everyone, call it good karma!  So go make a cup of tea and enjoy your present, unwrap it, it is your one moment only like this and was given to you freely to enjoy.  Later, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment