Monday, February 3, 2014

New Upcycles Gone Viral!



Fun upcycle with corset in back.  Sewed bits of scraps at sleeve cuff and ruffle at bottom.  Upcycled very large men's tshirt and sewed in the arms-of course the corset did the trick.  Do you love the vintage lingerie trim I found.  This is one I will not be selling-it hangs in my room, so fun-I love the skeleton!
Well, it is official-www.magickalthreadsandstitches.com is up and pay pal should be set in next few days.  The store is open!  I wanted to share some of my new upcycles with you here too-they are just making the scene.  Hopefully, if you are an upcycler, you can be inspired by my designs to be creative yourself!  I will be putting up tutorial, but loading the store has taken a lot of my time.  I am selling on Etsy now and they are buying, and so happy that store is reaching customers.  I am working on networking and if you have any ideas, please let me know.  I have been making some connections, but need more traffic.  I am using Pinterest too and that seems to be getting me out there.  Some of my designs have been repinned 6 times in less than a week.

Enough business!  How is your sewing going?  Have not heard much from you and I would like to.  I want to do some more corsets and sorry about bustle word mix up, maybe I am to show you that next.  Working on colorful Steam Punk right now and it is my creative rendition, but want to go straight up and try some daring Steam Punk in the near future.  Just like to expand my creativity if you know what I mean.  I am also going to expand my handbags and purses-putting them up this week on Etsy and in store online (my own .com).  Handbags would be another great tutorial in the near future.  My favorite is using denim.

Wanted to check in with you and share so here are some upcycles:

 This denim topper/jacket was upcycled from shorter denim with added denim plus sun and stars on back. It is at my store.

This upcycle is made from women's shirt and I used the bottom portion to make a sun-I love the sun and was born a Leo under this planet (leo/leo rising how crazy) using applique over denim upcycled jeans.


 Want to know about my sleeve tattoo?  Well, a koi fish swims upstream and has a spiritual transformation and turns into, or shape shifts spiritually, a dragon.  I am on a spiritual journey and feel I am somewhere in the "becoming a dragon" without forgetting I am a koi at heart.
I hope you are inspired to go out and upcycle.  Please come visit the new store and leave me a messege if you will.  I have color magick and intentions of upcycles in bio of each garment in my new store so go check it out!  Enjoy this moment, there is not another one like it!  Later, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment