Sunday, February 2, 2014

DIY Add a Corset to Anything


Today I want to show you how to add a corset.  Do you have jackets, shirts or blouses, hoodies, or even pants that are too loose in an area or the garment is too large, then add a corset.  It is easy to do and can make all the difference.

I bought a Harley Davidson hoodie at thrift, I love anything Harley and swipe them up regardless of size (I will always figure that out later). So, follow tutorial and let me know how it went or if you have questions about project.

bustle ANYTHING:

Place garment face down and find the center.
Fold over and pin material where you would like the corset.  Remember it is going to lace up and you want some of the corset to show-so pin accordingly down each side.
I used bias tape for ties and string through for corset but you could use fabric pieces sewn or town or anything else you would like, possibly ribbon-I would use thick ribbon 1-3".  On the inside (where you will not see it) pin your tabs.  Then sew close to the edge and cut the extra material after you are finished.  I matched up the two sides from the bottom so they would be in the same place when laced up.
Then run your string through the top from the middle so you have same on both sides.  Cut the piece larger and adjust it to the length you would like when it fits you.  Then go out and strut your stuff-you will definitely get comments.
 Here is my corset after finished.  I used black thread but you can use the same color as the garment if you do not want it to show.  I wanted it to show!
 Amazing right!
This is a Harley hoodie and I have it upcycled and on sale on Etsy.  Let me know how your project came along.  I bought the jacket larger than I wear-do now you can too.  Don't pass something up just because it is too large.  Have a great day and open your present and live it.  Later, Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment